Robert has assisted many clients with the acquisition, development, leasing, refinance and sale of real estate properties. He also has extensive experience in counseling private and institutional lenders and investors in connection with their real estate and business backed financings and transactions. His clients are based in Massachusetts, throughout the U.S. and worldwide.
Working with entrepreneurs, Robert has substantial experience assisting clients with the launch and growth of their businesses. He has represented many clients in connection with their incorporation, LLC formation, shareholder agreements, equity financings, bank financings, employment agreements, stock option plans, contracts, and asset and stock purchase agreements. Robert also works with non-profit foundations and public charities in incorporating and establishing their organizations and in providing ongoing corporate counsel.
- Serving as corporate counsel to many businesses and nonprofits.
- Drafting and negotiation of loan and investment round documents.
- Purchase, refinance and sale of real estate properties.
- Drafting and negotiation of stock and asset purchase agreements.
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial office and retail leases.
- Organization of new nonprofits under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Representing employees in connection with employment, stock option and severance agreements.
- Representing Boston teachers as an approved provider on the Boston Teachers Union prepaid legal services plan provider list.
- Vice-Chair, City of Newton’s Economic Development Commission
- Board of Directors, Temple Emanuel of Newton, Massachusetts
- Past President, Temple Emanuel Brotherhood
- Board of Directors, The Wurtman Foundation
- Board of Trustees, the Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston
- Chair, Strategic Facilities Committee, the Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston
Recent Blog Posts and News
- KCL Insights: January 27, 2017
The latest issue of KCL Insights includes recent client wins and blog posts. KCL Congratulates Our Client ScrubaDub on Their Expansion and Profile in the Boston Business Journal – Robert Finkel Winter conditions claim frozen in its tracks: equity does not trum …
- KCL Congratulates Our Client ScrubaDub on Their Expansion and Profile in Boston Business Journal
KCL Partner Robert Finkel recently represented ScrubaDub Auto Wash Centers in connection with their purchase and financing of a new facility in Chelsea, Massachusetts. ScrubaDub now operates 18 locations across Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Isl …
- Avoid Surprises During the Spring Real Estate Season
With the beginning of spring, our thoughts turn to great weather, baseball, holidays and of course real estate! Recently, a client was selling a vacation home on the Cape, and was surprised to find a problem with an old deed in which Mom had tried to deed the …
- Robert Finkel Elected Vice-Chair of the City of Newton’s Economic Development Commission
Attorney Robert Finkel has been elected Vice-Chair of the City of Newton’s Economic Development Commission.The Economic Development Commission’s mission is to promote and develop business and industry for the purpose of strengthening the local economy, providi …
- KCL Insights: February 11, 2016
A new issue of KCL Insights is now available. This issue includes articles on: Annual Reporting School Suspensions in Massachusetts Tax Deadlines Mandatory Arbitration Clauses Massachusetts Department of Revenue Voluntary Disclosure Program Attorney Spotlight: …
- Annual Reporting Season: A New Year For Your Business
Each year Massachusetts corporations (and many non-Massachusetts corporations doing business in Massachusetts) must file an Annual Report with the Corporations Division of the Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth within two and one half (2½) months afte …
- Robert Finkel Appointed to the Board of Trustees of the Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston
Kerstein, Coren & Lichtenstein partner Robert A. Finkel has been appointed to the Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston’s Board of Trustees. Attorney Finkel also serves as Chair of the school’s Strategic Facilities Committee. Schechter is a premie …
- New Mass – Israel Partnership- Good Business for Massachusetts
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick is to be congratulated for his continued efforts to promote business relationships between Massachusetts and the State of Israel. This June, Massachusetts and Israel launched a new partnership designed to finance joint R …
- SJC Rules: Attorneys Required for Massachusetts Real Estate Closings
This week the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court came down with its long-awaited ruling in a case that has been termed “a major victory for Massachusetts homeowners” (Real Estate Bar Association (REBA) vs. National Real Estate Information Services (NREIS). T …