For assistance with your professional licensure matter, contact our attorneys:
Kerstein, Coren & Lichtenstein specializes in the representation of professionals regarding all Licensure issues on behalf of individual practitioners, corporate providers and group practices.
Kerstein Coren attorneys appear regularly before licensing boards, including but not limited to:
- Board of Registration in Medicine
- Board of Registration of Psychologists
- Board of Registration of Social Workers
- Board of Registration of Allied Mental Health and Human Services Professionals
- Board of Registration in Nursing
- Board of Registration in Dentistry
The Firm has been retained to represent health care professionals in a range of cases, from minor patient complaints, to the most serious allegations of sexual misconduct. The Firm also specializes in representing license applicants when the Boards have concerns about licensure qualifications or an applicant’s prior work or academic experience, and handles petitions for reinstatement on behalf of professionals with suspended or revoked licenses. Clients have also included health professionals recovering from chemical dependency, who typically require representation to negotiate an appropriate probationary agreement with their respective licensing boards.
Attorney Andrew Hyams was General Counsel to the Board of Registration in Medicine for five years, during which time the Board promulgated its Patient Care Assessment Regulations.
Attorney Milton L. Kerstein has represented psychologists before the Board of Registration of Psychologists and other health care professionals before their various boards in a variety of matters, including disciplinary actions, fraud and abuse investigations and third-party audits.
Attorney Andra J. Hutchins has represented health care professionals before their various boards in a variety of matters, including sexual misconduct, chemical dependency and inadequate record keeping.
Recent News and Articles:
- Help! I Received a Subpoena for Patient Records
- Partners Andrew Hyams and Jeremy Weltman Win Medical License Summary Suspension Decision
- SJC Reverses 20 Year Practice of Mass. Board of Registration in Medicine
- Tips for Avoiding or Responding to Licensing Board Investigations: Reasonable and Necessary Steps: Patient Confidentiality and the Internet
- The Massachusetts Physician License Application: 9 Traps to Avoid