Alan Goodman is an attorney with extensive experience in residential and commercial real estate, condominium law, real estate development, commercial leasing, general business matters, estate planning and administration, and litigation.
Alan has represented buyers, sellers, and lenders in over 1,000 real estate transactions and has represented landlords and tenants in over 100 commercial lease transactions. He has closed loans for numerous banks, mortgage companies, and private lenders. He has also represented plaintiffs and defendants in various business, real estate, and construction litigation matters in state and federal courts.
Formation of business entities, partnership and shareholder agreements, business sales, and contract negotiation are part of his business practice.
In over 40 years of practicing law in the Boston area, Alan has guided many real estate and business owners and has participated as a partner as well as counsel in real estate development projects.
- Representing buyers, sellers and lenders in residential and commercial real estate transactions in Massachusetts, including preparing purchase and sale documents, negotiating financing and representing clients at closing.
- Representing homeowners and developers with the development, purchase and sale of condominiums, including the conversion of properties to condominiums.
- Representing commercial landlords and tenants in leasing transactions.
- Representing buyers and sellers of businesses, including restaurants, stores, beauty salons, video stores and other establishments.
- Assisting individuals and families with estate planning and administration, including wills and trusts.
Alan has served as both a condominium trustee and an elected member of the governing council for a homeowners association.
Speaking & Writing:
Alan periodically appears as a guest commentator on cable television shows. Recent topics include:
- Legal issues facing entrepreneurs.
- Legal considerations for starting a restaurant business.
- Landlord tenant issues.