For assistance with your criminal defense matter, contact our attorneys today:
For assistance with your litigation matter, contact our attorneys today:
If faced with such a situation, you need immediate, competent, and aggressive representation to protect your rights. The lawyers at KCL have vast criminal jury trial experience in Massachusetts District and Superior Courts and have successfully defended individuals accused of crimes. We provide each client with a vigorous defense and have experience in a range of criminal matters – from OUI and gun possession to drug and narcotics charges. Our criminal defense team includes a former Massachusetts state prosecutor who handled more than 30 jury trials, as well as attorneys with considerable bench and jury trial experience. We understand how prosecutors think and the evidence they need to obtain a conviction. If you are facing criminal charges, you need an attorney with courtroom experience who will protect your rights and prepare a strong defense. We will represent your interests throughout the criminal process and pursue the best possible result on your behalf. You can rely on us to effectively try cases that can reasonably go to trial and negotiate the most advantageous disposition for cases where a trial is not in your best interests.
The criminal defense team at KCL handles cases involving:
- Operating under the Influence of Alcohol (OUI/DUI)
- Other motor vehicle offenses – operating to endanger, operating after suspension, operating without insurance or with a suspended license, leaving the scene of an accident
- Appeals before the Registry of Motor Vehicles
- Drug and narcotics charges
- Assault, assault and battery, and aggravated assault, including domestic disputes
- Firearm and gun possession charges
- Larceny, B&E, receiving stolen property, shoplifting
- Burglary and armed robbery
- Rape and/or sexual assault, indecent assault and battery, and other “sex” crimes
- Appeals before the Sexual Offender Registry Board (S.O.R.B.)
The firm’s recent successes include:
- Successful dismissal of a criminal complaint for a client charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and assault and battery.
- Successful dismissal of a felony for a client charged with a bomb/hijack threat with serious public alarm.
- Successfully handled a Clerk Magistrate’s Hearing for a client charged with alleged A&B; the client avoided a criminal complaint and the case will be dismissed in April 2020.
- Successfully handled an FBI investigation for a client being investigated for terrorist threats; no charges were brought against the client.
- Successful representation of a client charged with leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage; the matter was continued without a finding and the client avoided a conviction.
- Successful dismissal of a felony charge for a client accused of witness intimidation. The client, who was also charged with reckless operation of a motor vehicle and civil motor vehicle infractions, was found not responsible for the civil infractions. The charges for reckless operation of a motor vehicle were continued without a finding, allowing the client to avoid a conviction.
- Successfully handled a Clerk Magistrate’s Hearing for a client charged with the malicious destruction of property under $1,200, a misdemeanor. The client avoided a criminal complaint and the case will be dismissed in June 2020.