For an initial consultation about your construction matter, contact our attorneys:
Our experience includes:
- Contract preparation and negotiation
- Problem-solving and preservation of rights during construction
- Claim uation and analysis
- Mediation, arbitration and litigation
Disputes we have resolved include:
- Breach of contract
- Defective construction
- Defective design
- Disruption and delay
- Mechanic’s liens
- Rights and obligations under performance, payment, and lien bonds
- Public bidding requirements
- Chapter 93A violations
Our attorneys’ Notable Successes include:
- Represented a residential condominium association in multi-million-dollar claim for construction defects against the condominium developer, contractor, and management company for construction and design defects. Two months after filing suit, and before conducting any discovery, obtained a $1.6 million settlement.
- Defended window manufacturer/supplier against over $2M claim by high rise Boston waterfront condominium association for allegedly defective windows. Engaged window expert to refute association’s claims and settled for less than 20% of amount claimed.
- Represented large Boston non-profit in preparation and negotiation of design and construction contracts for new $80 million facility. When original contractor went out of business, prepared and negotiated contract with completing contractor. Negotiated settlements with several subcontractors which the original contractor failed to pay.
- Represented materials supplier in claim for seven figure contract balance against general contractor. When general contractor counterclaimed for delay, determined that: contractor lacked documents essential to prove delay, contractor could not prove that supplier delayed project, and theory supporting delay claim was disfavored by courts in all 50 states. Using this information, convinced contractor to drop delay claim and pay client 75% of contract balance.
- Represented large Boston area developer in preparation and negotiation of design and construction contracts for $100 million mixed commercial and residential project in suburban Boston.
- Represented highly respected affordable housing contractor for over 30 years in contract negotiations and disputes of all varieties with developers and subcontractors.
- Represented hotel developer in preparation and negotiation of contracts to design and construct over $30M in new hotels and in disputes with general contractors.
- Represented solar EPC clients and host facilities, including the largest solar canopy project in New England.