Attorney Milton Kerstein has 25 years of experience assisting psychologists and mental health professionals with licensing board investigations and disciplinary actions. He has represented hundreds of psychologists before the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Psychologists with complaints ranging from minor patient complaints to the most serious allegations of sexual misconduct.
Attorney Kerstein is a founding member and Managing Partner of KCL. He is a graduate of Suffolk University Law School.
Licensing Board and Legal Services for Psychologists:
- Licensing Board Complaints
- MassPRO Medical Audits
- Professional Liability
- Patient Confidentiality
- Partnerships / Corporations
- Employment Contracts
- Provider Agreements
- Medicare Compliance
- Malpractice Defense
Experience Defending Mental Health Professionals:
- Representing professionals before their licensing boards, including the Board of Registration in Medicine, the Board of Registration in Dentistry, the Board of Registration of Psychologists, Board of Registration of Social Workers and the Board of Registration in Nursing.
- Assisting mental health counselors in a variety of matters, including disciplinary actions, fraud and abuse investigations and third-party audits.
- Negotiating appropriate probationary agreements with licensing boards on behalf of health care professionals recovering from chemical dependency.
Mr. Kerstein is actively involved in both local and global organizations, including serving as:
- General counsel to Planet Aid Inc., which assists developing nations worldwide.
- General counsel to Save One Life, Inc., a charity which assists hemophiliacs worldwide.
- Milton Kerstein serves as an ongoing resource to subscribers to the New England Psychologist who have general practice questions.
- Milton Kerstein was quoted in the article “Proposed disclosure bill raises legal, practice questions” on the New England Psychologist website (April 2013).
Recent Blog Posts and News
- 2017 Year In Review
Dear Clients and Friends, Wishing you a happy and prosperous New Year! In case you missed it last year, here are some of KCL’s 2017 highlights. Notable KCL Wins Board of Medicine Reverses Itself, Grants Andrew Hyams’ Client a Full Medical License | Attorneys: …
- KCL Insights: September 15, 2017
The latest issue of KCL Insights includes recent news and blog posts: Maury E. Lederman Named to 2018 Best Lawyers List Preservation of Land Use Restrictions 15 Years Ago—Six Figure Payout Today A Hemophilia Hero Scales Everest
- A Hemophilia Hero Scales Everest
Congratulations to Chris Bombardier for being the first person with hemophilia to summit Mount Everest! Chris, who has severe hemophilia B, an inherited disorder that prevents blood from clotting, summited at 9:59am on May 22, 2017. KCL managing partner, Milto …
- KCL Insights: November 14, 2016
The latest issue of KCL Insights includes blog posts by: Milton Kerstein and Andra Hutchins – Help! I Received a Subpoena for Patient Records Piercing the Corporate Veil – Concerns for the Small and Mid-Sized Business
- Help! I Received a Subpoena for Patient Records
By attorneys Milton Kerstein and Andra Hutchins. It’s happened—you received a subpoena for patient records from an attorney representing your patient. This is the first in a two part series. The second part will address the circumstance where you receive a sub …
- KCL Insights: July 14, 2016
KCL Wins One of First Cases Under New Alimony Termination Law; I Wish I Had Known…….What Did I Sign?; And Recent Blog Posts The latest issue of KCL Insights includes: KCL Client is Entitled to Termination of His Alimony Obligation Under Alimony Reform Law …
- KCL Insights: Patient Confidentiality, Security Deposit Law Update, Latest News June 23, 2016
The latest issue of KCL Insights includes: Milton Kerstein and Andra Hutchins new blog series, “Tips for Avoiding or Responding to Licensing Board Investigations”. The series provides practical advice for health care professionals including psychiatrists, psyc …
- Tips for Avoiding or Responding to Licensing Board Investigations
Tips for Avoiding or Responding to Licensing Board Investigations is a series of blog posts written by attorneys Milton Kerstein and Andra Hutchins. In this series we provide practical advice for health care professionals including psychiatrists, psychologists …
- Employee Misclassification: A Caution to All Employers
For those businesses that utilize independent contractors as part of their business model, employee misclassification has become a major issue. It is one that is taking on increasing importance within the United States, as well as here in Massachusetts. In Ma …
- The Consequences of a College’s Failure to Properly Calculate Satisfactory Academic Progress & Determine Dates of Student Withdrawl
In a recent matter, an SFAP assessment of liability was upheld by a Department of Education Administrative Judge pertaining to a community college, requiring the College to reimburse $134,797 to the Department of Education. On October 13, 2009, Snead State Com …