After 27 years of practice, Attorney Anna Corti has a wealth of in-depth estate planning, estate tax planning, and trust and estate administration experience. Complicated estate and estate tax issues constitute an area that she has served her clients best. In particular, she is well-versed in post mortem techniques, specifically qualified disclaimers, as a means of reducing estate taxes. She routinely prepares wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, health care proxies, living wills, medical directives, homestead declarations, probate accounts and estate and gift tax returns at both the federal and the state level.
With an LL.M. from the Boston University School of Law graduate tax program, Anna’s specialized knowledge of sophisticated tax planning in the context of estate planning strategies is truly an asset to clients looking to grow and preserve their wealth.
Additionally, Attorney Corti actively practices before various Probate Courts where she has addressed a wide variety of fiduciary and beneficiary issues including the appointment or removal of personal representatives, allowance of wills and probate accounts, complaints for instruction, declaratory judgments and various other fiduciary and beneficiary matters. A few of the more interesting matters in which she has advised clients include inherited copyright issues, loans to family members, tax effective gifting and non judicial settlement agreements.
She has a background in alternative resolution and has practiced in the areas of small business law and real estate.
- Advising beneficiaries on post mortem estate planning techniques to minimize estate taxes, including recently saving the heirs of an estate approximately $900,000 in capital gains tax.
- Efficiently and economically resolving conflicts among multiple family beneficiaries.
- Counseling clients regarding special needs trusts, tax planning, gifting and gift tax preparation.
- Volunteer, Wayland Home Depot, a community retail shop that sells crafts from local artists with net proceeds going to local charities.
Honors & Awards:
- Named to New England Super Lawyers list (2005, 2006)
Recent Blog Posts and News
- 2017 Year In Review
Dear Clients and Friends, Wishing you a happy and prosperous New Year! In case you missed it last year, here are some of KCL’s 2017 highlights. Notable KCL Wins Board of Medicine Reverses Itself, Grants Andrew Hyams’ Client a Full Medical License | Attorneys: …
- Anna M. Corti Joins KCL’s Trust & Estates Law Practice
Kerstein, Coren & Lichtenstein, LLP – a full service law firm in Wellesley, Massachusetts – is pleased to announce that Anna M. Corti has joined the firm as a Partner in the Estate Planning Group. Anna has more than 25 years of experience in trust and esta …